SITES ARE VISIBLE WHEN LOGGED IN TO THE WEBSITE
Please note that this is not a complete or comprehensive listing of agencies in which you may be placed. It is simply a listing of agencies in which we have had students placed at recently. If you are interested in any other agency that is not listed here, you are free to contact the agency directly to inquire about a possible placement.
- Telephone the agency. Ask to speak to someone who might be willing supervise a counseling student.
- Ask if they would be interested in having a practicum and/or internship student.
- Ask if they have at least 2 years (post-master's) experience. Inform them of what is expected of you as a counseling student
- Schedule a meeting to discuss the possibility of a placement. Take them a copy of the Memorandum of Agreement form. If they are willing to serve as a host, have them sign the Memorandum of Agreement form.
- Return the Memorandum of Agreement form to Dr. Portela.
PLEASE NOTE: Having an agency listed here does not indicate that it will be an "automatic" placement. The agency might have hosted a student in the past, but that does not guarantee that you will be accepted for placement there as well. The Department of Counselor Education does not having a standing placement arrangement with any agency.
If you contact a site listed here -- and the contact person or information has changed or is different from what is listed here -- please inform Dr. Royal so that he may update the information.